I have been cooking mackerels for a while since my husband started taking cholesterol maintenance. Whether it helps or not, I think it’s still a healthier choice of meal over a slice of pork chop.
There were lots of recipes on Pinterest which I usually visit for ideas on just about everything, and cooking is just one of them.
To know more about benefits of mackerels, visit https://www.organicfacts.net/mackerel.html
This recipe is versatile. You can experiment on it just like I did😁
- Potatoes, cut into halves depending on size
- Cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- Brussels sprouts
- Seasoning salt
- Thyme and or Tarragon
- Lemon, thinly sliced
- Pearl onions, or sliced Large Onions
- Garlic, crushed
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Set your oven to 350F
- marinade mackerel with seasoning salt
- in a flat baking pan, lay a few slices of onions and lemon before putting the fish on top.
- In a big bowl, mix potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and tomatoes with seasoning salt and extra virgin olive oil. Lay them evenly on a space beside the fish.
- Top the dish with thyme, tarragon and lemons. Bake for 45 mins uncovered.
- Leave it in the oven for a few more minutes before taking it out.
- Serve and enjoy!