- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 almond milk (can use regular milk, or plain yogurt)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, orange zest, orange juice, and eggs together until smooth.
- Gently fold the milk mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Fold in the melted butter.
- Toss 1 and 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries with 1 tbsp of flour, then gently fold into the batter.
- Portion the batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle course brown sugar on top if desired. Bake until golden brown (I did 25 minutes).
- Cool before serving.